Wednesday, November 11, 2015

trip to va

the girls and i were lucky to be able to have a trip to virginia this fall.  it was so great to see friends and family.  i definitely needed it.  and i think my mom needed us there as well.

to say i was anxious about flying by myself with two kids is an understatement.  i was terrified.  because we bought the tickets on such short notice, i had to make a stop on the way there.  it wasn't too bad.  the girls did pretty good.  the worst part was in the chicago airport.  mae needed to go to the bathroom, but the toilet seats there have a plastic covering that moves and replenishes.  and she was so scared of it.  she would not sit on it.  she was hitting and kicking the walls, and me.  throwing herself on the floor, screaming.  oh my gosh it was a nightmare! i even tried to hold her over the toilet...no dice. finally i walked out of the bathroom, and went to a different one, where i proceeded to pull the toilet seat up, so she sat on the nasty pee covered underside.  whatever...at least she went.

she looks like a seasoned traveler...

she was psyched to get some apple juice and watch a show on the plane.
 and izzy pretty much spent the entire time strapped to my chest.  she slept a little.  but she did well.

one of the best parts of the trip was seeing my cousins. i don't get to see them very often, and i love when i do.  they are all so wonderful.  and sweet little penny came too!  she and izzy are about 2 months apart.  so stinkin cute.
 they had fun together.  izzy loves babies and other little people like herself.  she squawks like a bird when she sees them.

 bom was staying with my parents when we got there, so we got some extra quality time with her.  it was so great for my girls.  and i think it was really great for bom as well.  as i'm posting this mae said "hey, it's bom.  she did my books with me."  so glad she can have a relationship with her great grandma.

 erich also came into town, and mae was loving him this trip.  he was great at playing with her.  he's going to be a great dad!! i'm glad we have these trips so my kids can have relationships with my brothers and their wives.  i have such good relationships with my aunts and uncles, i want that for my girls too!


 all tuckered out.  this girl was a champ as we went all over tar nation.  despite massive meltdowns in airports, she's a pretty good kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment