Monday, October 19, 2015

Pop

my grandfather passed away on friday as 12:20pm.  his health had declined much in the past year and a half, and we all knew it was coming.  it was harder for me to deal with than i thought it would be.  i am so grateful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation and eternal families.

i've thought a lot about what i wanted to say about pop. and as i've grown up, i've learned through stories and witnessed myself a lot about his character.  he was a quiet example to me of hard work, charity, and honesty.  growing up he never voiced affection, but his actions spoke more to me than i think his words could have.  if i had a piano recital or band concert, he and my grandmother were there.  they went to at least one game of all of my sporting events growing up.  he was at my graduation, and so many birthdays i can't even count.  although he was not a member of my faith, he attended every baby blessing, baptism, mission farewell, and wedding that is health allowed.

i'm grateful for the example that he was to me.  and while i have struggled with his health decline and his death, i am grateful to know that i will see him again.




No comments:

Post a Comment