Thursday, October 1, 2015

one of the best

i'm a lucky girl.  i've got some awesome family.  and i'm so lucky that i have such good relationships with them.  i'm even luckier that they come to visit me!  and last week one of my favorites came, my cousins sydney.

i always have a good time with her.  we just pick up right where we left off.  and even better my little girls absolutely adore her.  mae was on sydney like white on rice.  we did lots of fun things while she was here.  first up, we went to zilker park to ride the train.  despite mae's face, she really did love it.  she's always mean muggin.

 we went downtown and saw the sights, went shopping, and of course ate at delicious places.  and even had a blast just hanging out at home. 

 izzy started this tounge thing while syd was here.  she has her little tounge out like this a lot now.

 part of our nightly routine...the milk.  i have some seriously long kids.  izzy is already getting to long for her 12 month clothes and she's not even 8 months yet.

 every waking moment mae had to know where sydney was and what she was doing.  i'm glad that sydney didn't get tired of her. 
 this is mae's fat girl face.  she makes this face very frequently.  especially when you're trying to take a picture of the two of you.  she'll hate me one day for putting that on here, but you have to document these things, right?


sydney did lots of educational stuff with mae while she was here.  seriously, good thing she does that in her career because she is amazing at it.  she set up a learning space for mae, and brought all these games.  we've done them everyday since she's been here.  mae loves it.  and i'm so glad someone helped me do that, because educating my child is seriously daunting to me.

syd was here for our letter of the week craft.  i'm not sure how much of this mae actually retains, but, it makes me feel better to be doing something that is somewhat educational.  

after we do our craft we read a book that has the letter of the week. 

mae was in heaven with sydney here.  i feel like i don't give her enough attention, and it's always fun when someone different comes and can fill that void!


 miss iz.  sydney took this cute picture of my smiley little babe.

so grateful that sydney could come spend time with us, she's awesome.  and she came just when i needed a pick me up.  love her.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think my kids have ever had legs that skinny! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete