Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Our first visitors

we finally had our first visitors here in Hawaii.  I guess not finally, we've only been here like 3 and a half months.  we were so excited when erich and mattie told us they were going to come spend thanksgiving with us. 
it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed to see some family and have something like this to look forward to.

mae and izzy were stoked to see chloe. the absolutely adored her.  they were seriously all up in her grill the whole time she was here.  i'm close with my cousins, some of my favorite memories growing up include them.  and I want that for my kids. 

we took them to see some sights, sharks cove on the north shore is pretty cool. 

mae is so good at taking care of and watching out for others, she loved being able to hold chloe and help with her. 

ah, this little fireball is adorable.  we are so grateful to have had time with her!

we also went to hike diamond head.  it was a really awesome hike.  mae's closed toed shoes don't fit anymore (I'm pretty sure she hasn't put them on since we've been here) so the poor girl had to hike in her flip flops and she killed it.  no complaining the whole way, and at the end there were some crazy stairs.  at one point she told the rest of us "put your back into it".  that's my girl

I carried nugget number two on my back.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go.  she's not really into sitting still, or being held.  but, she did great.  she was happy the whole time.

it was so beautiful at the top.  i'm so grateful we're able to do things like this as a family.  and i'm so grateful for this little ohana of mine.

when we tried to find someone to take this picture, there was only one older Asian couple there. we motioned for them to take our picture, and the man got up and wiped his sweat off, and took our picture...we weren't sure how it was going to turn out.  but, it turned out pretty dang good! we might not speak the same language, but, we all know how to take a picture on a smart phone.

mae wanted to take chloe to one of her favorite beaches - alligator pond.  we had some windy, cloudy weather while they were visiting, but we still made sure we went to the beach. 

my sweet girl.  she has grown so much these past three months.  she is so much more outgoing and confident in herself.  she is more willing to try new and different things.  I might still be homesick, and missing my friends and family, but, seeing her grow and have these experiences helps.

this little lady reminds me of mae when she was about to walk.  doesn't want to walk, but take right off and run.  she has the brightest smile.  and surprisingly loved cody.  not all babies do.

this nugget.  I have a lot more gray hairs because of this one.  she loves the water and has no fear. 

this little one, I am so glad I had the chance to spend this time with her and her parents.  it's hard not to smile when she does. 

aunt mattie got the girls matching jammies.

i'm so grateful that mattie and erich came to visit us.  we love them so much, and get along so well with them.  it's been so fun to experience everything with them, college, graduation, engagements, weddings, babies, moves.  they're wonderful, and we had such a great time with them while they were here.



No comments:

Post a Comment