Monday, October 31, 2016

"Fall"

apparently it's fall, but I wouldn't know.  it's starting to cool off a bit, but it still gets pretty roasty.

we finally FINALLY closed on our house.  we got an offer in the beginning of September, and the buyer kept making changes on their loan, so we finalized everything a few weeks ago.  cody and I thought we would be so happy and relieved, which we were. but, we were also sad.  lots of wonderful memories in that house, I loved it.  but, on to making new memories.

to celebrate we went to dinner.  we found the rainbow drive-in in Honolulu, and it was delish.  the girls loved it because there were cheeseburgers (well, hamburgers with cheese, if you say cheeseburger mae won't want it).



my cousin Sydney got married right before mae's birthday.  we had been planning on being there when she first told us she was engaged, but with the move, it wasn't possible anymore.  I was so sad, and wished to badly that I could have been there with her on her special day!! mae was supposed to wear this adorable dress, so when she got it in the mail she was so excited to be able to wear it to church,  and has since then asked every sunday if she can wear it.

this girl has an amazing imagination.  I love to sit and listen to her play in her own little world.  but, I have to say, I absolutely love when she plays 'workout'.  she's using the little people as weights. and if I do say so myself, her squat game is on point!


still adjusting to life here.  somedays i'll feel like I've totally got this, and i'm finally in my groove here, and then something will knock me back a little bit.  but, i don't think I've ever seen cody so excited and happy about what he's doing, and  i love that. 

i miss my parents more than i thought i would, but, i read their emails and hear the stories of their missionaries, and i am reassured that this is where they need to be.  they are amazing, and those missionaries love them so much already,  but how could you not?

1 comment:

  1. so happy to hear that you are adjusting and that Cody is not suffocating under the workload and school

    ReplyDelete