Friday, August 26, 2016

island life

the flight here...ugh. I survived...by the skin of my teeth.  never again do I want to make that flight by myself with and 18 month old and a three year old. never again.

so, for any of you who want to know, or have never lived in Hawaii, here are some things I've learned thus far...
1. no AC means fans out the wazoo, mae frequently takes breaks to "get the sweat off"
2. it also means open windows.  which means lots of noise from the highway, as well as hopes that the neighbors don't hear your screaming kids...or you screaming at your kids

3. roosters...EVERYWHERE.  yes. and they don't crow just in the morning. oh no.  it's all night long.

4. tiny tiny houses.  so, lots of outdoor activities.  and a bonus, those nets on the trampolines are not as silly as I once thought them to be.

5. lizards and bugs. lizards=good, bugs=bad

6. things are expensive.  don't take for granted the price of food at your local grocery store!  or, how easy it is for you to just run to target or Walmart.
7. our washer and dryer are outside...yep. 

8. lots and lots of salt air, which means stuff rusts pretty fast.  like, my razor that I opened right when I got here, yeah, rusted already.
that's what I've learned so far.  I've also learned how beautiful it is.  I have not yet gotten used to or tired of the beauty that surrounds me.

or the adventures that we get to have while we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment