Thursday, August 20, 2015

gram, gramps and uncle coleman

a few months ago cody and i decided that we wanted to go on a trip, just the two of us, to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.  the only time i have been away for a prolonged period of time from either of my kids was when i flew down here for 2 days to look at houses.  so i was a little unsettled about it.  lucky for us, my parents and brother decided they would come stay with the girls while we took out trip!

of course we got delicious food while they were here.  we went downtown and had Lucy's Fried Chicken.  it did not disappoint
it took mae a little while to warm up to uncle coleman, but once she did, he had a little shadow.


this kid and her long arms and legs
 haha cody didn't have a chance to change after work, and we were eating outside, so he rolled up his pants because he was hot.  i had to capture that.

mae really wanted to sit in the high chair at the restaurant.  she was hovering around izzy.    

cody and i left on sunday, and i was pretty proud of myself.  i didn't text my mom to check on the girlies until close to 3pm.  that's a good 6 hours!  it was hard to say bye, not because my parents can't do it...they raised coleman and three other kids for goodness sake...but because i was nervous about how my kids would be!

well, they didn't miss me much.  mae had fun dressing her baby doll in izzy's clothes.

and izzy probably got more attention than she has gotten in quite some time.
 love this picture my mom took.

i'm so glad we took this trip for a number of reasons.  but, one that i didn't even think about until i left, was how grateful i am that the girls had this time with their grandparents and uncle.  i have some special memories with my aunts, uncles and grandparents.  i'm so glad that they were able to spend this much time with them.


oh coleman.   my favorite coleman moment of the trip: mae had to go potty and my mom and i were doing something, so he walked her over to the bathroom and said "what do i do?, i don't know what i'm doing!"  haha, i'm pretty sure that was the one and only time he took her potty.




my parents were troopers.  reading books, changing diapers, taking mae potty, having stickers put on them, getting their "hair done", getting woken up in the night.  so wonderful that they were willing to do this for us.  and more importantly that they still love my kids afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment