Tuesday, September 10, 2013

catch up

last week got away from me.  that three day weekend threw me off, and before i knew it, i had missed one week of blogging!  so, we'll play catch up.

i felt like i needed to mix it up with the dinners that i've been making.  it seemed like i was doing the same stuff over and over.  cody never once complained, but for me i needed something different.  so i decided to start meatless mondays.  dinners on mondays will no longer have meat!  so far we've had stuffed peppers, twice baked potatoes and broccoli, and this week was bean and cheese enchiladas.  i also want to start using my crock pot more.  so this week i made some homemade applesauce.  we'll see how long i last with these new ventures, but i'm proud of what i've made so far!

of course for labor day we headed over to gram and gramp's for one last summer swim.  mae had a blast with her uncle erich.


 every sunday cody and i each write to kasee on her mission.  mail is a little sketchy in mozambique, so we've been writing emails.  this week, cody let mae bang on the key board in his email, so she got to write her aunt kasee.  (he swears she is going to be this big shot computer programmer one day...i wont make any comments)


 just a lazy sunday morning with daddy...

i've been in desperate need of a haircut.  i hadn't gotten one since mae was born...which is about a year.  enter my friend jenn.  i've known her since we were in kindergarten.  she moved to richmond towards the end of elementary school, but we've managed to stay in touch all these years...sometimes with longer stretches in between, but i still think it's pretty awesome that after 20 (holy smoke 20?!) years we've stayed in touch!
my wonderful mom treated me to an amazing cut and color. and even made the trip down to richmond to watch mae while i got my hair done.  (how awesome is my mom?)  it was so much fun to have time to catch up with jenn.  and if i do say so myself, she did a fantastic job!







 mae is quite a girl.  she is learning so many new things.  clapping, waving, and most recently dancing.  it's so fun to watch her develop new skills, and just enjoy life.  it has really taught me to find little things throughout the day that bring me joy.


me and my homegirl...






No comments:

Post a Comment